Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Fruit Roll-ups

Book Cover:  It is simple, historical looking.  Goes well with story.


I have never read any works by Tamera Alexander, until I picked up a copy of "Within My Heart".  I truly enjoyed the book.  It is set in the middle to the late 1800s in Timber Ridge, Colorado. 


Within My Heart (Timber Ridge Reflections, Book 3)A quote that I truly found powerful is "Life rewarded courage, even when the first step was taken neck-deep in fear" (75).  I feel that quote could be used to apply on some of the current events we have seen in Egypt and other unrest in the world.   I just had to share that quote.


Rachel Boyd, a young widow, is struggling to keep her late husband Thomas' dream alive by running a ranch and raising her two boys there as well.  Rachel is not doing to well financially either.  She already is in debt.  Rachel also is determined not to fall in love again because she doesn't want to get hurt again.  However, that becomes a challenge when she and Dr. Rand Brookstone are brought together due to medical circumstances.


Rachel is not the only one with her own issues, Rand also has fears of his own, and it has something to do with stocking up on lantern oil he claims are needed for his clinic.  Rand  has feelings for Rachel.  He sees that she is not interested at first, but he is determined to win her heart no matter at what cost.


Will Rachel be able to save the ranch?  Will she and Rand fall in love?  Read the book to find out.


4 out of 5 stars.  A very powerful read.


FTC: I was given a copy of this book through Bethany House.  Above image is an Amazon link.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Art