Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Fruit Roll-ups



Since this a blog about the Arts, I have decided that I will pick one children's book per week to review because I take Arts seriously that I want my son to enjoy as much as I do. And besides, it is fun to see what kind of Arts are out there for children.

Tonight I read this Dinosarumpus! by author Tony Mitton and illustrator Guy Parker-Rees, to my five year old son, we'll call him H, because of his energy level.

H and I love this book because of the rhythm of the story and the very colorful illustrations that go with the story. There is a nice rhythm as each dinosaur is introduced in the party, almost like dancing to the beat, throughout the whole story. H begins to know when to recite: "Shake, shake, shudder . . . near the sludgy old swamp. The dinosaurs are coming. Get ready to romp." He gets into the story as well by moving with the beat as the story is being read.

Another thing that I liked (which grownups understand) is that ALL the dinosaurs got along, including yup, Tyrannosaurs Rex. Now how cool is that? That is a lesson to say that we are all different, yet we can enjoy the same things.

This story is a thumbs up!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Art