Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Fruit Roll-ups

I was never a reader until I was in third grade. I remember one day my parents met with my third grade teacher, and they both agreed that I had to read more otherwise I would struggle in school.

My teacher and parents came up with a plan where I had to read a couple of books everyday to my parents, then they would ask me questions and then sign a slip saying I read for the day. As we did that everyday, I soon loved reading and it began to show!

The years later, I would read more than 200 books in one year while I completed elementary school. As I went into middle and high school, I did not reach up to 200 books due to being more detailed, homework and other responsibilities.

Unfortunately, I don't read as often I like as an adult, so I when I do read I try to read classics or books my family or I will benefit from.

This is just a little history to know where I am coming from.

Today, I have chosen to read The Cairo Trilogy: Palace Walk, Palace of Desire, Sugar Street by Naguib Mahfouz. These are three novellas into one book. This is about a family in colonial Egypt. Mahfouz focuses on the social ills and tribulations of society during Britain's occupation.

You have the option of purchasing each title separately, but I didn't because it is actually cheaper this way.

Naguib Mahfouz is an Egyptian author who won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1988. Born in 1911, Mahfouz died in 2006.

Each Thursday, I will discuss where I am at in reading or will be discussing plays.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Art