Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Fruit Roll-ups

I had the privilege of interviewing Hazel Dixon-Cooper of Work on A Rotten Day. Although, I don't know much about astrology, Dixon-Cooper combines astrology and the workforce in the humorous book. Hazel is schedule to appear on Connecting Women Radio Nov. 4, 9 p.m. CST.
Hope you enjoy her interview as much as we did!

Work On A Rotten Day: Astrological Advice for Outwitting Conniving Coworkers, Slacker Staff, and the Boss from Hell
Global Arts:  How did you get interested in astrology?
Hazel: I've been interested in astrology since I was a teen. Why? Because it's a wonderful self-knowlegde tool and a fascinating subject. For nearly 5,000 years, astrology has been practiced in some form by every civilzation on Earth.
 

GA:. What is the difference between astrology and astronomy?
Hazel: Good question, Faten, and one that often confuses people. Astronomy and Astrology were linked several thousand years ago when the Sumarian priests studied the night sky both recording the movement of the moon and stars and trying to draw portents of the future from them. Today, astronomers and astrologers still study the Universe. The main difference is their respective objectives. Very simply put, astronomers observe the heavens and record what's happening; astrologers study the effects of these movements on human beings. 


GA: What inspired you to write Work on a Rotten Day?
 Hazel: The recession. I wanted to give readers another edge in keeping their current job or finding a new one.

GA: What do you want readers to know about your book?  
Hazel: That it can help them to better deal with a tough boss, peacefully co-exist with an irritating coworker, motivate an unenthusiastic staffer, and light a fire within themselves. Understanding the people you work with gives you more control. Understanding yourself better can help you succeed faster.
GA: What project do you have next in mind?  
Hazel: My most immediate project is that I intend to offer private consultations again. I suspended my professional practice while writing my books, but am planning to resume it by the end of this year. I also have a couple of ideas for future books.
GA: Where is the next blog stop?  
Hazel: CentralValleyMoms.com on October 25.
Thank you for having me visit here today, Faten. I enjoyed it and look forward to hearing from your readers!

It is our pleasure Hazel.  "See" you Nov. 4th 9 p.m. CST on Connecting Women Radio.


Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Art