Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Fruit Roll-ups

What A Peppy Concert!

Am I impressed! This morning I had the privilege of attending with my son and his class, a music concert performed by fifth through eighth grade students--band and orchestra. I thought it would be your usual, stereotypical band "geeks and nerds." (I know, I know I shouldn't have stereotyped.) Oh Contraire! These kids were peppy and had the entire gym dancing and clapping. Adults and students. It was AWESOME!

The music played were popular ones like "We Will Rock You!" and "Wipe Out!" They even played the SpongeBob theme music.

When the concert was over, I turned to another mom chaperon and told her that I don't remember band being this "cool". She agree with me. She commented, "We were the Band geeks and nerds!"

Well, way to go to Mr. Band Director and Ms. Chorus Director for guiding students to the love of music. A job well done. A job well done.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Art